| Shipping | International Orders | Shopping | Payments |
How quickly do you ship?
We post out from the Brighton store Monday through to Thursday. Payment must clear before the order is posted.
How long will my order take to arrive?
We usually ship very small orders within Australia as letter post (usually 1 to 2 days transit time after payment clears). But most orders are sent by parcel post (1 - 7 business days transit time after payment clears). The closer you are to Brisbane (where we are located) the faster your order will arrive.
What postage method do you use?
Within Australia, we use Australia post for about 50% of the orders, and a courier company for the others. The couriers we use are Fastway, Couriers please and StarTrack express. For international orders we use Australia Post.
How can I reduce the time my order takes?
Paying by Paypal is the fastest way to pay. Payment usually clears immediately, unlike all other payment methods. Paying by direct deposit from a Commonwealth bank account, payments usually clear within 24 hours, if not right away.
Paying by Credit Card via Paymate usually takes between 1 - 3 days to clear. Money order is by far the slowest, as you have to take into account the time it takes for the money order to get here, then bank clearance, then posting the order out to you.You may also wish to have your order posted by express post (see below).
Can I have my order sent by express post?
Yes, you can select express post within Australia by choosing that option in the shopping cart checkout. We do not guarantee next day delivery however, as we still must wait for payment to clear. Please note, express postage means we will use an Australia Post express satchel - it does not mean your order will receive priorty packing. We pack orders in the order in which they are received).
Do you accept returns?
Yes! Our main priority is keeping you as happy, repeat customers.
- Faulty/Broken: If the product is faulty, we will either exchange the item or refund in full. We will not charge any extra to post the replacement item out to you.
- Change Your Mind: We are happy to accept returns if you change your mind, or if the item is not suitable for your needs. However, at our discretion we may charge a 15% restocking fee. This is to cover the labour cost of packing the order, particularly if items have been counted out and bagged up. We will also not refund for the postage cost (the actual cost to us of the postage - which means in most cases is $7.90, regardless of whether or not you received free shipping). If you cancel your order before it has been packaged, we will not charge any fees.
Do you accept international orders?
Yes, we do! Please see above for shipping costs.
Do you have a printed catalog and price list?
No, all our stock is listed on the website. We update our stock too often to be able to maintain a printed catalog.
Do I have to enter my email address?
Yes, otherwise you will not receive your order confirmation. If we have any problems with your order, it is easiest and quickest to contact you through email. We do not sell any of your information to third parties, and your information is kept completely private.
Do you have... [insert bead name here]?
All our stock is listed on the website, so if you can't find it, we don't have it. However we are always open to suggestions, as we are continuously expanding our product range. We might be putting together a new order for our suppliers at the time of your email, so we will consider your suggestion.
How many beads per strand?
This is an approximate number of beads per strand. It is based on the standard strand length, 40cm/16inch. Shorter strands, such as crystal beads, will have slightly less beads per strand. Each product will have the number of beads per strand in the detailed description.
Bead Size : Beads per Strand
4mm : 100
6mm : 65
8mm : 50
10mm : 40
12mm : 33
I am new to beading, how do I make jewellery from your beads?
See our projects we have featured in the beading magaiznes, here.
What are the payment methods available?
- Paypal: You do not need an account to pay by paypal, just a credit card. It is the fastest payment method.
- Credit Card: We use Paymate (an Australian merchant facility) to process credit cards. It usually takes 1 - 3 days for the payment to clear. You can read all about PayMate, here. Paymate is VeriSign Secure, click here to view safety certificate.
- Direct Bank Deposit: Pay directly into our Commonwealth Bank account. Bank details will be emailed to you after you place your order. You can then pay via netbank or go into your bank to send the payment. If you are paying from a Commonwealt account, payments generally clear immediately. Payments from other banks take up to 3 days to clear.
- Money Order: We also accept payment by Australia Post money order. Money orders can be sent from any Australia post outlet, however they will charge you a $2.50 processing fee. Address details will be emailed to you after you have placed your order.
Credit card over the phone: Please select bank deposit in the shopping cart if selecting this option. Please call us on 07 3869 0880 within our operating hours, and have your order number ready.
Is it safe to pay by credit card?
Yes! The payment information is collected securely from our shopping cart, using a 100% safe encryption (see the little lock symbol on the bottom right hand side of your web browser). We do not store credit card information.